Bread Machine – Coconut Bread
Coconut Bread is a sweet bread that is ideal for toasting or simply a mid-morning snack. It is certain to be a winner even amongst the pickiest eaters in your home! This bread is also an excellent choice for a brunch or outdoor BBQ!
Ingredients you will need:
3 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
½ tsp baking soda
3 tbsp sugar
1/3 cup shredded coconut
½ tsp salt
¾ cup mashed banana
¾ cup buttermilk
2 tsp active yeast photo credit: avlxyz
½ cup chopped walnuts
1. Sift dry ingredients together until well blended.
2. Place dry ingredients into bread machine’s bread pan, with the exception of the walnuts.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the walnuts, into your bread pan.
4. Select the Medium Bread setting on bread machine. Start.
5. Add the walnuts after bread machine has finished its first bread kneading cycle.
5. Once done, allow bread to cool on wire rack.
- For a bit of variation on this recipe, consider the addition of a ¼ cup of dried pineapple.
- If you prefer, you can omit the walnuts from the recipe and consider adding a little more coconut to the dough!
Enjoy your Coconut Bread!
Be sure to check out our listings of Bread making machines.
Sunbeam Programmable Bread Maker Countertop Kitchen Cooking Bread Machine
|Powered by phpBay Pro|