Bread Machine – Soda Bread Recipe
Whip out your Soda bread recipe on any chilly evening. Soda bread is an excellent companion to a rich and hearty beef stew. Although this Irish bread recipe veers a bit away from the traditional Irish soda bread, it is a quick and easy bread that is incredibly versatile and a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
Ingredients you will need:
2 cups of bread flour
2 tbsp of buttermilk powder
2/3 cup of water
1 ¼ tbsp of butter (or margarine)
1 1/3 tbsp of sugar
2/3 tsp of salt
1/3 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/3 tsp of caraway seeds
1 ½ tsp of yeast
1/3 cup of raisins.
1. Sift all dry ingredients together, with the exception of the raisins, until well blended.
2. Place dry ingredients into bread machine’s bread pan.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, with the exception of the raisins, into bread pan.
4. Select the White Bread setting on bread machine.
5. After bread machine has completed its first kneading of the dough, add in the raisins.
6. Once done, remove bread and allow to cool on wire rack.
- To create a more traditional loaf of soda bread you could consider marking a cross into the top of the dough before your bread machine begins the baking cycle.
- Your Irish soda bread will be best enjoyed warm and fresh from baking but it can also be stored in an airtight container for up to three days!
Enjoy your Soda Bread Recipe!
Be sure to check out our listings of Bread making machines.